AquaSPICE - Water Recycle Project
At the Dow site in Terneuzen different initiatives are in place for development and implementation of sustainable solutions for the responsible use of water resources. Our team is part of a broad European consortium which is addressing water scarcity in all its aspects. Two pilot plants will be installed in order to find the appropriate technologies for efficient treatment of different waste water streams on site. This project aligns on the reduction of freshwater intake and advancing a circular economy.
The tasks for the student in this project will be:
· Operation of the two pilots
· Regular sampling and analyses
· Understand the data and be able to make research decisions
· Understand dynamics and boundaries of the system
· Be able to evaluate the results
These activities will be done in collaboration with the project team (Dow, UGent, University HZ)
· You are currently studying for a bachelor degree or equivalent in Chemical Engineering, Water Treatment / Management, Chemistry
· You can prove, that you have gathered relevant knowledge in engineering and chemistry. Data analysis is a plus.
· You have a good working knowledge of English.
· You are capable of working independently and enjoy to be part of a team
For more information about this internship opportunity, please contact Emma McAteer: firstname.lastname@example.org